Dark Chocolate Cereal Bars
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups toasted oats cereal
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted
Heat saucepan over low heat. Add butter, marshmallows and peanut butter; stir to combine. Add cereal; mix until coated.
Line 9-by-13-inch pan with parchment paper. Add cereal mixture to pan.
In bowl, mix milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Drizzle chocolate over cereal mixture; spread evenly then allow to cool.
Cut into bars and serve.
recipe adapted from ScrummyLane.com
Pecan Snack Mix with Cranberries and Chocolate
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup rice squares cereal (wheat or cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup pretzels
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
In large, microwave-safe bowl, add pecans, rice squares cereal and pretzels. In small, microwave-safe bowl, add butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, salt and nutmeg. Microwave butter mixture 1 to 2 minutes until melted then pour over dry mix. Toss well to combine.
Microwave snack mix in 45-second intervals, about 4 or 5 intervals total, until mix is fragrant, golden and toasty.
Cool mix completely then stir in cranberries and dark chocolate chips.
recipe courtesy American Pecan Promotion Board
Salted Caramel S ’mores
- Graham crackers
- Package of large marshmallows
- Chocolate bars
- Jar of caramel sauce
- Sea salt
Using a stick, long grilling fork or wood skewer, stick on a marshmallow and roast over an open flame for 30 to 60 seconds, or until toasted.
Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers lined with chocolate bars, caramel sauce and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
recipe courtesy Chris at Shared Appetite
Graham Cracker Mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 to 6 drops pink neon liquid food color or desired color
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1 package mini pastel marshmallows
- 1 cup bear-shaped graham crackers
- 1 package white fudge-covered pretzels
- 1 cup mini cookies
In large pot over medium heat, stir oil, sugar and food coloring.
Stir in popcorn kernels; cover. Cook until popcorn begins to pop. Shake pot over heat until popping slows.
Remove pan from heat and pour popcorn into large bowl.
Add marshmallows, graham crackers, pretzels and cookies then toss lightly.
recipe courtesy Popcorn Board